Below are the biblical verses Ray Higdon mentioned in his livestream, for you to meditate on and study.
- Proverbs 11:12 (NKJV) "He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor, But a man of understanding holds his peace."
- Proverbs 1:7 (NKJV) "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction."
- Ephesians 4:29-32 (NKJV) "29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."
- Proverbs 11:14 (NKJV) "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety."
- Proverbs 11:24-26 (NKJV) "24 There is one who scatters, yet increases more; And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty. 25 The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself. 26 The people will curse him who withholds grain, But blessing will be on the head of him who sells it."
- Proverbs 11:28 (NKJV) "He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage."
As well as the verses I've summarized the business lessons that Ray Higdon taught in his FB livestream...
Embrace Wisdom and Understanding (Proverbs 11:12, Proverbs 1:7)
Avoid rushing to judgement about colleagues, competitors, or market trends. Acquire knowledge and understanding in your field to make wise business decisions. Respect and value wisdom and instruction for continuous learning and improvement.
Promote Positive Communication and Healthy Relationships (Ephesians 4:29-32)
Encourage communication that builds up others and fosters a positive work environment. Discourage destructive behaviors such as bitterness, wrath, anger, and evil speaking. Show kindness, be tenderhearted, and practice forgiveness in professional relationships.
Value Teamwork and Collaboration (Proverbs 11:14)
Recognize that collective wisdom is often superior to individual insights. Seek advice from a variety of sources to avoid potential pitfalls.
Be Generous and Fair (Proverbs 11:24-26)
Understand that generosity often leads to abundance, while stinginess can lead to scarcity. Encourage a culture of sharing and mutual support for collective growth. Aim for fair pricing and trade practices to gain blessings and avoid public resentment.
Avoid Over-reliance on Wealth (Proverbs 11:28)
Recognize the dangers of trusting solely in wealth and physical resources. Cultivate righteousness, fairness, and ethical behavior in business, which is often rewarded with long-term success and stability. Understand that true prosperity and stability come from an ethical and value-based approach to business.
These lessons are based on the wisdom and guidance found in the biblical verses that Ray Higdon shared in his livestream and can be applied to create a more ethical, sustainable, and successful business model.
If you liked this, make sure to follow Ray Higdon on Facebook for all of his livestreams.